Saturday, November 12, 2011

Palo; Disney Cruise Line - Disney Dream

Champagne Brunch at Palo ... Even Better Than We Remembered!

When we hit our 90-day booking window I tried to snag a reservation for the two of us to enjoy Palo's fabulous champagne brunch, but this is one of the most difficult adults-only events to get into on the shorter Disney cruises since they are only held on days at sea. Once on board the Dream, Jay and I were able to secure a reservation at the last minute - they definitely hold tables for guests who can't obtain those on-line slots - and we readied our bellies for a hearty brunch the morning after a gluttonous dinner at Remy.

There is a $20 per person charge for brunch and it includes one complementary glass of champagne or a mimosa, and all the glorious food you can shovel down your gullet. We remembered our last Palo brunch from the Disney Magic being good but not outstanding ... the Palo staff on the Dream has really taken brunch to another level and we thought it was tremendous. There were plenty of breakfast options as well as lunch and dessert options - there was also a lovely selection of seafood.

I am just going to let the pictures speak for themselves ... I managed to get into the buffet area while it was actually empty! I've included a pretty through representation of the selection, but there were more items to choose from than I've shown - some things just didn't photograph well. The buffet pictures will be followed by some shots of our individual buffet choices and then some additional menu items we ordered. Not that anyone here will be surprised, but we were complete and shameless pigs!

It was ... the salmon mousse!


Caviar - yum! Needed creme fraiche.


Hummus Snails!


Melon and Prosciutto


Snow Crab


Ahi Tuna ... so good!


Shrimp Cocktail shooters


Smoked Salmon


Crab Claws


Breakfast breads


More breakfast breads


Breakfast offerings from the menu


Lunch offerings from the menu


Palo's famous pizzas


Panna Cotta


Various desserts


Still more desserts


View from our table ...


Ahhhh, the sea!


Ahhhh, the free booze!


My first plate


Jay's first plate


Jay's second plate


My second plate


Fabulous cocktail they let me order from Meridian!


Naked Eggs Benedict


Proper Eggs Benedict


Spicy Italian Sausage Pizza


Oysters Rockefeller


Parmesan and Smoked Salmon Pasta

2 comments:

Queen of Dishing said...

Holy seafood madness batman! You know, I just returned from a 10 night Celebrity cruise and never saw any type of crab legs or claws-jealous!

Unknown said...

YUMMMM(x2)!